Washington College of Law was founded in 1896 by two pioneering
women who felt they, and all women, should have the same access to legal education as men. Over the last 117 years, Washington College of Law has grown and thrived – in 11 different homes – from G Street downtown, to the Myers Building on AU’s main campus, to our current facility in Spring Valley. The Tenley Campus, will be the first time we have resided in a law center designed to grow and adapt to anything the future holds.
(See more about the history of Washington College of Law)
The Tenley Campus buildings will measure approximately 312,000 square feet and will include enhanced space for student organizations and journals, a larger clinic, flexible conference facilities, and much more open space for student-faculty interaction – both indoors and out. The facilities are detailed in an architectural rendering animation that can be viewed here.